Last Updated :
Easter approaches. So what Easter gifts will you be getting for boyfriends?
For simplicity, let us just use the term “boyfriend” for all your gift recipients, though you can still use this list for your father, cousin, nephew, grandfather, husband or any male colleague or friend.
There are so many gifts to choose from. Everyone is different. So how do you know which Easter gift is perfect for your special guy?
First, you need to trick your boyfriend to take this simple quiz in order to determine his personality type. Since everyone has different degrees of the 5 Love language personalities in them, you may just focus on the top 2 most dominant love languages (unless there are more love languages that have the same scores) and pick the most appropriate gift/s for him using the recommended guide below.
The 5 Love Languages are:
Your boyfriend feels deeply loved when he receives physical signs of love, for example hugging, kissing, touching and intimacy. These acts will create a powerful emotional bond between him and yourself.So what can you do to show you love him?
- Kiss him and hug him when you meet him in the morning
- Hold his hands when you go on a stroll with your boyfriend whenever possible. Please do not start holding his hands when he is driving, ya - car repair bills are not cheap.
- For married couples - encourage intimacy whenever appropriate.
So what gifts are appropriate for your boyfriend with “Physical Touch”? What attributes in a gift are we looking for?
- A gift that both can use together hence increasing opportunities for physical touch
- A gift that encourages intimacy between both of you
- A gift or activity (?) that encourages hugging, kissing and touching
Here are 6 Gift Ideas for those bearing the love language of "Physical Touch":
A great sensory experience for both of you in the bathtub. The foam, the smell and the touch will quickly escalate to intimacy, making this a fantastic session for you and your boyfriend.
Your boyfriend will love this sensual experience when you massage his foot as you apply the foot mask for him. Plan a session when both of you apply the foot mask for each other. He will love it!
Cooking is the best activity you can have with your boyfriend. It gives you tons of opportunity for physical touch, hugs and kisses. Otherwise, enroll as a pair in a cooking class. Try it!
Telescopic Back Scratcher
This Elegant Telescopic Back Scratcher is the most ideal for your man. You can always use this instrument to help him scratch his back and provide all sensory touch to keep him happy!
Your boyfriend feels deeply loved when you show interest in his company, holding meaningful conversations, active listening and just being present for him and for him alone. There should be no distraction during this shared activity especially with phone calls or television. Your expressed interests in giving your undivided attention to him will truly warm his heart. So what can you do to show that you love him?
- Go on dates alone together with him to the nice cosy and quiet cafe without phone of tv
- Plan recreational activities that both can play together eg. skating, bowling, taking a cooking course, playing 2 player board games or video games
- Spend time with him to do something together - paint the house, cook together, watch tv shows/movie alone together, a staycation with only two of you etc
So what attributes are we looking for in the gifts for your boyfriend who has the love language of “Quality Time”?
- A gift that allows the both of you to be doing something together
- A gift that allows focussed play that involves only two of you
- A gift that allows deep conversation to know and understand each other better
Here are 6 Easter Gift Ideas to improve your quality time with your boyfriend.
Giant Indoor Teepee
What other special way to spent super quality time with your partner than to set up your own romantic huge teepee indoors? Then grab your champagne, cake and pop-corn for movie night..
Excursion on Bicycles
Plan a bike trail excursion for the day and spend quality time with your partner.
Get Two of these awesome bikes if you don't have any and go for that biking excursion!
Camping or Backpacking
Spend time together outdoors backpacking or camping will help both of you to know each other more. But first, let's start off with a bag to carry your stuff..
If you have the budget, plan a trip together since COVID has waned with many countries opening up their borders. Make this a special trip for both of you alone together.
Words of Affirmation
Your boyfriend will feel deeply loved when you cover him with words of love and affirmation for him. This can take the form of either verbal or written. Words of compliments, appreciation and affection like “I love you” mean a lot to your boyfriend. So do say, write or text him with these praises or compliments more often, ya.
So what attributes are we looking for in gifts that are appropriate for this love language?
- Gifts that have inscriptions - inspiration proverbs/quotes or word of encouragements
- Gift that are personalised (clothes, stationary etc) with your words of affection for him
- Erect giant signs or pictures to celebrate major events like anniversary placed in the front door/yard/garden before he comes into the house
Here are 6 recommended gift ideas for your boyfriend.
Acts of Service
Your boyfriend strongly believes that “action speaks louder than words”. He feels loved when you go out of your way to do something meaningful for him - tasks or chores that matter. Tasks need not be complicated or difficult. Example :
- Making his favourite breakfast or just coffee for him every morning
- Bringing him soup or pamper him with his favourite snack when he is sick
- Picking up his repaired laptop or dry cleaning when he is busy at work
So what sort of gift can we buy for your boyfriend who is strong in “Acts of Service”?
The gifts should have the following attributes:
- A gift that you can use on him to show your love
- A customised gift that he can use to do something that he loves
- A gift that will pamper him in terms of comfort or desire
Here are 6 recommended gifts for your boyfriend.
Your boyfriend with the love language of “Receiving Gifts” will feel deeply loved when you present to him meaningful physical gifts as symbols of your love. The gift need not be expensive but it should be thoughtful. So what should you do for him to show this love language?
- Think and buy a gift that he really needs in life eg. a nice shirt knowing that his last one was torn.
- Personalised or DIY gifts are the best because, to your friend, “it’s the thought that counts”
So what attributes are we looking for in gifts that bear the “Receiving Gifts” love language?
- Gifts that are meaningful and thoughtful to your boyfriend
- Gifts that are personalised eg. cup with his name or face
- Gifts that is your friend’s favourite food or relating to sports character, game etc
Most guys are gamers! Your guy is likely a gamer too! So unless you get him the latest favourite game, why not help him with the next best thing? A pair of gaming socks..